Alerts for: City of Edmonton – St. Albert – Sherwood Park
4:30 AM MST Sunday 04 January 2015
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:
- City of Edmonton – St. Albert – Sherwood Park
A period of very cold wind chills is expected.
Very cold temperatures combined with light winds will create extreme cold conditions that will persist until late this morning.
Wear appropriate clothing.
– Always wear clothing appropriate for the weather. Synthetic and wool fabrics provide better insulation. Some synthetic fabrics are designed to keep perspiration away from your body which keep you dry and further reduce your risk.
– Dress in layers with a wind resistant outer layer. You can remove layers if you get too warm (before you start sweating) or add a layer if you get cold.
– Wear warm socks, gloves, a hat and scarf in cold weather. Be sure to cover your nose to protect it.
– If you get wet, change into dry clothing as soon as possible. You lose heat faster when you’re wet.
Extreme cold warnings are issued when very cold temperatures or wind chill creates an elevated risk to health such as frost bite and hypothermia.
Environment Canada meteorologists will update alerts as required. Please continue to monitor your local media or Weatheradio for further updates. If you would like to report severe weather, you can call 1-800-239-0484 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet reports to #ABStorm.
Issued: 5:00 AM MST Sunday 4 January 2015
Extreme cold warning in effect.
Sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 21. Extreme wind chill minus 40.
Clear. Becoming partly cloudy near midnight. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 24. Wind chill minus 32.
Mainly sunny. Wind up to 15 km/h. High minus 18. Wind chill minus 34.
Sunny. Low minus 25. High minus 22.
Periods of snow. Low minus 23. High minus 11.
Sunny. Low minus 23. High minus 19.
A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 22. High minus 11.
A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 12. High minus 2.