Week of Mar 30 – Apr 03, 2015
- The Calgary Municipal Land Corporation has released redevelopment plans to convert the historic St. Louis Hotel in Calgary into a mixed-use commercial development
- Future Shop has closed 10 locations in Alberta and will be converting the remaining seven locations to Best Buy stores, as part of a Canada-wide consolidation
- The Government of Alberta has announced $3.4B for new health facilities in Edmonton and northern Alberta in a five-year capital plan under Budget 2015. There are also provisions for maintenance and renewal of existing facilities.
- Oilfield services forecasters are predicting that the spring 2015 slump in drilling activity in Alberta could extend into fall or longer. Recent rig counts in Western Canada are down 22% from 2014, according to the Canadian Association of Oil Well Drilling Contractors.
- The Government of Alberta has announced funding for 34 continuing care spaces in a new seniors facility to be built in Bassano
- Comark Inc., the owners of the Bootlegger, Cleo and Ricki’s clothing shop chains, is planning to close stores after it was granted creditor protection on March 26, 2015. The company announced the closing of approximately 50 of its 341 stores over the next few weeks.