Enhanced service, schedule changes on ETS routes
There will be minor changes to some Edmonton Transit System (ETS) bus routes starting Sunday, December 6 as ETS makes seasonal adjustments to improve service reliability and connections. In addition, eight new ETS bus routes equipped with Smart Bus technology will begin providing enhanced service to customers:
- Route 35 (Century Park – Leger – Riverbend – South Campus/Fort Edmonton)
- Route 37 (Century Park – Leger)
- Route 39 (Century Park – Rutherford))
- Route 47 (Century Park – Allard)
- Route 70 (Mill Woods Transit Centre – Lakewood – 82 Avenue – Downtown)
- Route 125 (Jasper Place – Westmount – Kingsway/Royal Alexandra Hospital – Downtown)
- Route 126 (West Edmonton Mall – Northwest Industrial – Westmount)
- Route 130 (University – NAIT – Northgate)
Smart Bus uses Global Positioning System (GPS) technology to allow ETS customers to use the Internet and mobile devices to track their buses in real time, allowing for increased predictability, reliability and accessibility, as well as enhanced safety. Find tools at takeETS.com/ETSLive/
The ETS Street Team will demonstrate Smart Bus technology to riders at ETS Transit Centres on December 8th and 10th. The Street Team will also give away woolen ETS Touch Screen Gloves.
- Tuesday, December 8 – Northgate Transit Centre 7 a.m. -8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, December 10 – Century Park Transit Centre 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.