Public information and warning: Sexual offender released
In the interest of public safety, the Edmonton Police Service is issuing the following warning; Andrew Carrigan, 46, is a convicted sexual offender and the Edmonton Police Service has reasonable grounds to believe he will commit another sexual offence against someone under the age of 16 while in the community.
Carrigan will be residing in the Edmonton area. The Edmonton Police Service has obtained a recognizance order on Carrigan and he will be closely monitored by the Behavioural Assessment Unit.
Andrew Carrigan, 46
Weight: 225 lbs
Carrigan has been placed on court ordered conditions including:
- Must abide by a curfew of 12 AM to 5AM daily
- Must not purchase, possess or consume alcohol or drugs, including marijuana
- Must not acquire, possess or access pornography or sexually explicit material in any form or on any type of media
- Must not access the Internet unless supervised by an approved adult
- Must not be within 150 meters of places where children under the age of 16 are likely to congregate (elementary schools, daycare centres, parks, swimming pools, recreation centres, children’s retail stores etc.)
- Must not be in the presence of any children under the age of 16 unless accompanied by an approved adult aware of his criminal history
The Edmonton Police Service is issuing this information and warning after careful deliberation of all related issues, including privacy concerns, in the belief that it is clearly in the public interest to inform the members of the community.
Anyone with any information about any potential breaches of these conditions by Carrigan can contact the EPS at 780-423-4567.
Members of the public are advised that the intent of this process is to enable citizens to take suitable precautionary measures. Releasing this information is NOT intended to encourage people to engage in any form of vigilante action.
This information is released under the authority of the FOIP Act, RSA 2000, C. F-25.