Update 75: COVID-19 pandemic in Alberta (May 27 at 5:30 p.m.)
Alberta’s COVID-19 hospitalization rates remain low with 43 people in hospital, four of whom are in intensive care. In total, 6,106 Albertans have recovered from COVID-19. Two more Albertans have died.
- 25 new cases bring the number of total active cases to 679.
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- Calgary zone: 531 active cases and 4,170 recovered
- South zone: 71 active cases and 1,156 recovered
- Edmonton zone: 52 active cases and 462 recovered
- North zone: 21 active cases and 200 recovered
- Central zone: two active cases and 96 recovered
- Two active cases and 22 recovered cases in zones to be confirmed
- Additional information, including case totals, is online.
- To date, 645 cases have an unknown exposure.
- So far, 223,771 Albertans have been tested and labs have performed 245,949 tests, with 3,168 tests completed in the last 24 hours.
- Deaths total 141: 103 in the Calgary zone; 16 in the North zone; 13 in the Edmonton zone; eight in the South zone; and one in the Central zone.
- There are 58 active cases and 651 recovered cases at continuing care facilities; 106 facility residents have died.