Update 74: COVID-19 pandemic in Alberta (May 26 at 4:45 p.m.)
Alberta’s COVID-19 hospitalization rates remain low with 45 people in hospital, five of whom are in intensive care. In total, 6,048 Albertans have recovered from COVID-19. One more Albertan has died.
- 22 new cases bring the number of total active cases to 714.
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- Calgary zone: 561 active cases and 4,123 recovered
- South zone: 80 active cases and 1,146 recovered
- Edmonton zone: 49 active cases and 462 recovered
- North zone: 19 active cases and 200 recovered
- Central zone: three active cases and 95 recovered
- Two active cases and 22 recovered cases in zones to be confirmed
- Additional information, including case totals, is online.
- To date, 632 cases have an unknown exposure.
- So far, 221,173 Albertans have been tested and labs have performed 242,781 tests, with 2,982 tests completed in the last 24 hours.
- Deaths total 139: 101 in the Calgary zone; 16 in the North zone; 13 in the Edmonton zone; eight in the South zone; and one in the Central zone.
- There are 61 active cases and 649 recovered cases at continuing care facilities; 104 facility residents have died.