Update 78: COVID-19 pandemic in Alberta (May 30 at 4 p.m.)
Hospitalization rates remain low with 53 people in hospital, five of whom are in intensive care. In total, 6,245 Albertans have recovered from COVID-19. One additional death has been reported.
Testing is now available to all Albertans, whether they have COVID-19 symptoms or not.
- 13 new cases bring the number of total active cases to 604.
- Cases have been identified in all zones across the province:
- Calgary zone: 461 active cases and 4,295 recovered
- South zone: 44 active cases and 1,182 recovered
- Edmonton zone: 67 active cases and 464 recovered
- North zone: 27 active cases and 200 recovered
- Central zone: two active cases and 95 recovered
- Three active cases and 9 recovered cases in zones to be confirmed
- Additional information, including case totals, is online.
- To date, 661 cases have an unknown exposure.
- So far, 232,702 Albertans have been tested and labs have performed 257,227 tests, with 3,769 tests completed in the last 24 hours.
- Deaths total 143: 104 in the Calgary zone; 16 in the North zone; 13 in the Edmonton zone; nine in the South zone; and one in the Central zone. One new death was reported today while one previous death was determined to be not related to COVID-19.
- There are 62 active cases and 657 recovered cases at continuing care facilities; 109 facility residents have died.