By Benjamin Pulta
MANILA (Philippines News Agency) – Makati City prosecutors on Wednesday ordered the preliminary investigation on the case of 23-year-old flight attendant Christine Angelica Dacera and the release of three arrested suspects in the case.
“After a thorough evaluation of the facts and evidence presented during inquest proceedings, the Office of the City Prosecutor, Makati City, resolved to refer the case for further investigation, and to release the arrested persons, namely: John Pascual Dela Serna III, Rommel Galido y Daluro, and John Paul Halili y Reyes, from detention, considering that there is a need to conduct regular preliminary investigation of the case,” Prosecutor General Benedicto Malcontento said in a press statement.
The hearing for the preliminary investigation of the case was set for Jan. 13.
Malcontento said among the things to be determined are whether Dacera had been raped and the actual cause of her death.
He added that the same complaint against the other respondents who remain at large –Gregorio Angelo Rafael de Guzman, Clark Rapinan, Valentine Rosales, Mark Anthony Rosales, Rey Ingles, Louie De Lima, Jammyr Cunanan, and a certain Ed Madrid — shall also undergo the same preliminary investigation.
In a three-page resolution, the investigating prosecutor also directed the police officers to submit additional evidence, such as the DNA analysis report, toxicology/chemical analysis, and the histopath examination report.
Based on initial reports, Dacera and the suspects celebrated New Year’s Eve at the City Garden Grand Hotel in Makati City.
The victim was found unconscious inside her hotel room on New Year’s Day and was rushed to the hospital, where she was declared dead on arrival. (PNA)